Premium wood-based biochar
CharGrow Biochar Prime™ is a pure wood-based carbon used in agriculture, soil mixes, erosion control, bioremediation, and custom applications.
Pure wood biochar
- Uninoculated biochar, no biology or nutrients added
- Exceeds International Biochar Initiative Standards
- Meets National Organic Program (NOP) Standards
- Certified USDA BioPreferred, 100% Biobased product
- Consistent specs whether ordering two yards or 1,200 yards
- Softwood feedstock harvested under sustainable forestry management practices
- Made in the U.S.
Characteristics & Performance
- High fixed carbon and low ash
- High water holding capacity
- High nutrient retention capacity
- Particle size: 3mm minus
- Low dust
- Available in ad hoc cubic yards for small projects, and by the truckload for commercial jobs
Benefits of Biochar
Biochar Uses and Applications
Premium wood-based biochar for use in agriculture, soil mixes, erosion control, bioremediation, and custom applications.
BioChar Prime™ is a premium grade wood-based biochar with high fixed carbon that is ideal for a broad range of applications.
Biochar has shown to be less expensive than activated carbon in many industrial uses such as in remediation of damaged soil and toxic cleanups, stormwater filtration, or other filtration applications. It retains water better than peat or compost and, with its micropore structure, is able to hold excess soil nutrients, preventing them from leaching.
- Crop Production
- Manure Management
- Erosion Control
- Streambank Restoration
- Stormwater Filtration
- Green Roofs
- Mine Reclamation
- Odor Control
- Seed Coating
- Carbon Capture and Storage